Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What I do

DianaNOW suggested that I go into a little explanation of what exactly I do. Apparently, after the Seforim Sale, people can't fathom that I'm doing anything else. They seem to think that I'm hiding in Moznaim's warehouse, peeling labels off of books.

But alas, no. I'm at Kraft Foods. It's this company that makes food. They don't just make cheese. Get over it. They also make Oscar Meyer meats, Post cereals, Nabisco cookies, Veryfine juices, Philadelphia cream cheese, Bulls Eye BBQ sauce, Tombstone Pizza, and a billion other things that you see on store shelves.

I don't stir the food. I don't check the heat in the ovens. I don't do quality control (unfortunately). And I'm not a Mashgiach (the most common assumption people make). Those would all be really cool compared to what I actually do.

In truth, I sit in a cubicle (all my own!), in front of a computer, and do two things. I reconcile our inventory in the computer to our inventory in the accounting books. And I oversee the paying of invoices for the inventory. Truthfully, it's exactly what I was doing for the Seforim Sale, without the Camp part. And it's a lot more money. Both what I oversee and what I get paid.

But woe for the old days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

I stand corrected. Not that I'm wrong or that I was corrected. South Beach is not a brand or a business, but a marketing partnership with Dr. Agatston (read the email closely). But since you're the favorite, and better looking than me, I'll shut up and be corrected.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home